Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pure Bliss!




The LORD blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first. Job 42:12a.
It seems this verse is always on my heart these days. I was reminded of it this past weekend, when Chris surprised me with a weekend vacation for Mother's Day to St. Augustine.

I'm pretty sure this is what pure bliss looks like.


I'm also reminded of that verse when Baby Ben first wakes up in the morning, wraps his little chubby arms around me (with Baby Lamb and blanket wedged between us) and coos "Ma Ma Ma Ma"

It's not to say I don't have my moments (when Ben is screaming, emptying out every single pot in the kitchen, and Chris is oblivious reading a book in his man chair) when I don't want a break every now and then..But I truly believe having lost someone precious to me, early on in my life, has made me even more aware of the sweet, sweet blessings (that I do not deserve) the Lord has bestowed upon me now.


In other news, I'm pretty sure I spent a good two weeks thinking I was 22, instead of 23. I was shocked when Chris finally sat me down, did the math, and informed me, that YES I am 23 and not 22. Oh well. I guess I have until October to get used to the idea.







P.S. Yes, I'm wearing pants in this picture...










No comments:

Post a Comment